". . . his versatility and virtuosity
are nothing short of amazing."
- Tom Nelligan, Dirty Linen
|A GREGG MINER MUSICAL CHRONOLOGY:||
SERIOUS GREGG MINER MUSICAL BIOGRAPHY TIMELINE:
I'm basically your typical part-time musician, though with unusually diverse musical experience, and a rather passionate interest in stringed instruments of every description. I originally labeled myself a collector, recording artist, and "armchair musicologist" -- meaning that, without leaving my house much, I managed to appear to be a "world-renowned expert" on the entire realm of stringed instruments.
Since my "humorous essays" written about the instruments for my Christmas Collection booklets, I've had to present my subsequent, not-insubstantial research a bit more seriously. And I am quite the geek.
I still divide my time between the arts (music career) and sciences (aerospace workaday world), and in the past have worked as a free-lance harpist, zookeeper, animation art dealer, and rock & roll comedian.
· 1965+: Self-taught guitarist (electric, acoustic)
· 1973-1975: Music Theory at DePaul University, classical guitar study with Richard Pick, jazz guitar study with Jack Cecchini
· 1975-1979: Original music and multi-instrumental experimentation
Los Angeles, CA
· 1979-1989: Pedal harp studies with Mildred Dilling, JoAnn Turovsky, Gail Laughton, DeWayne Fulton; freelance harpist
· Mid-1980s: Mandocello and harp guitar with the Los Angeles Mandolin Orchestra
· 1980-1989: Lead guitar and vocals with musical comedy Oldies band The Pretensions
· 1991-1995: Completed A Christmas Collection, the 2-volume CD project featuring 100 instruments of his collection
· 1995-1999: Live appearances promoting A Christmas Collection, with David Marchant and other musicians
· 2003+: Appearances at The Harp Guitar Gathering® on various harp guitars and related instruments, recordings, producer on the Harp Guitar Music label
[Appearances] [Place Order] [Contact Gregg] [Links]
All Rights Reserved